Poynt Smart Terminal
Ideal for merchants who want a fully functional terminal with POS capabilities built-in.
ACCEPTED CARD TYPES
- Online and mobile capability – Track your sales, receive real-time analytics, and settle payments with the Poynt HQ app.
- Two touchscreens – one for your staff and one for your customers.
- Branding – Add your logo to your receipts and customer-facing screen.
- Engage Customers – Ability to send surveys to customers and respond right away through the Poynt HQ app.
- Products Upload – Catalogue your products, add modifiers (ie. Extra cheese, no cheese), and organize them by whatever category you choose.
- Split Payments – Ability to split bills or payments between different cards, gift cards, etc.
- Cash – Ability to track cash payments as well as any cash tips.
- Receipts – you have the ability to print receipts or send them via text or email.
- Process transactions anywhere – Poynt Smart Terminal has 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Payments – Accept all types of payments, including swipe (magstripe), chip (EMV), and tap (NFC).
- End-to-End Encryption – Safe-T Security tokenizes your transactions for added peace of mind.
- Additional apps available for download through the Poynt Catalogue (ie. Net Register, eHopper, Appitizer).
- 7” (18 cm) HD premium touchscreen with colour display
- Micro USB port
- Thermal Printer
- QR Code & Barcode Scanner
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB Flash memory
- Weight: 1.50 lbs (680 grams)
What hardware works with Poynt?
The Poynt Smart Terminal has its own built-in receipt printer but can also integrate with other printers, cash drawers, scales, and barcode scanners.
How does the Poynt Smart Terminal connect to the internet?
The device comes with a dock that has both USB and ethernet ports. It can also connect wirelessly via WiFi or 3G.
Is the Poynt Smart Terminal mobile?
If connected via WiFi to your store’s network, the terminal will work anywhere you have a WiFi signal. If you want to take it on the road, you can connect via 3G which requires a SIM card.